This January Umbrella Infocare has completed four years and I wanted to walk down memory lane and share some highlights of the period.
At the outset I want to thank all of you for being a part of this eventful journey.
We started in 2011 when Momentum Infocare—predecessor to Umbrella Infocare—was acquired by Ricoh. That time there was a lot of discussions of cloud being the next big thing, but there was not much clarity on what, when and how the migration to the cloud will take place. In 2013 we started Umbrella Infocare in Delhi/NCR focusing on Cloud and Mobility and Virtualisation.
As a company born in the Cloud, we started by partnering with AWS and Citrix—AWS for the breadth and depth of cloud services, and with Citrix we wanted to extend the strong relationship from Momentum days.
In the initial days we had to unlearn a lot before engaging with customer as Cloud models, solutions and approach was very different. Also we had more experience selling to enterprises but cloud adoption among enterprises were slow. So we shifted focus to start-ups, small and medium enterprises and new age companies.
We found a niche opportunity with Citrix mobility solutions as there were not enough competencies for XenMobile (MDM) solutions, helping us to acquire large customers and emerge as a leading mobility solutions partner. The rest as they say is history.
Below I would like to cull out a few highlights to recap the Umbrella journey so far:
- Umbrella is the first and till date the only Mobility Specialist partner for Citrix in India.
- We acquire about 4-5 customer a month, up from acquiring three customers for cloud in the first year.
- In Mid-2015 we expanded our operations to Mumbai and expanded team from 1 to 10 employees in 15 months.
- Today some of the leading Indian business are our customers in Mumbai.
- Customer retention is core to our value system, today our customer retention stands at over 95%.
- We have focused on building a strong team of certified specialist and our strengthen partner relationships.
- Our partnership level moved from Standard to Advance with AWS and from Silver to Gold with Citrix.
- We have been recognized an AWS Rising Star partner and Citrix Mobility Partner.
- Citrix Mobility Management Specialist Award.
- We have been recognized as 20 Most Promising Amazon Solution Provider in India by CIO Review Managzine.
- We started our monthly newsletter series in June 2016.
All this is possible because of great team we have from the start and we would like to thank each one of the team member for great effort and contribution toward success of Umbrella.
We would also like to thank Indus Insight for showing confidence in us and becoming our first customer. We also want to thank our key customers including Pepsi, Amarchand and Mangaldas, MTS, Ratnakar Bank, E-comm Express, Dr Lala PathLabs, Cabi India, Vestergaard, Time of India, Reliance Capital. AZB & Partners, PI Industries, Eicher Good Earth, Penguin Books all of who have reposed trust in us and helped us become a strong company.
Finally we would also like to thank AWS and Citrix for being amazing partners and for the continuous support and guidance during this journey.